At Pukerua Bay School, whakamana happens in individual classrooms, in small groups of students, and across the school through our Enviro Leadership Team. This year's team has representatives from all classes in the school.
Some of the exciting ideas the group discussed at their first meeting on Friday 9th March include:
- Developing a new climbing area and swings
- Having an area for digging
- Developing the Bike Track idea that was first suggested last year
- A duck pond, water park or water area under the boat
- More outdoor tables around the school
- New posters and signage around the school
- Developing access to the stream which borders the school.
We look forward to seeing what this group comes up with over the year.
In the meantime, the next few blog posts will celebrate some of our fabulous student-led initiatives from 2016.